Planned or unplanned, when you get away from what you love don’t let yourself belive you’ve stopped.
Don’t beat yourself up. Don’t dwell in the past. Don’t let go of that You that you believed in when you were thick in your training.
Live forward starting NOW. No matter what ground you’ve lost, no matter where you are starting from, as soon as you get up and go, you haven’t stopped.
In the last couple of weeks, I’ve lost focus. Everything has been more important than running and resting.
COMPLACENCY has crept in! Damn you complacency!
- “You look good these days, you can skip a run,” says complacency.
- “You built a week into your training, you can skip this run,” says complacency.
- “Have another beer tonight and just run the next day instead of tomorrow,” says complacency.
- “You’re in great shape, just enjoy it for a while and quit working so hard,” says complacency.
- “Fried food,” says complacency.
- “Stay up another hour,” says complacency.
- I’ve been sitting on my couch for a week, but as soon as I put on my shoes and walk out the door, I haven’t stopped.
- I may have zero miles in the last 2 weeks, but as soon as I log that first mile I haven’t stopped.
- I may have gained a couple of pounds, but as soon as I have that usual oatmeal breakfast again and log my first workout again, I haven’t stopped.
- I may feel disconnected from my running, but as soon as put on shoes and shorts and shirt and walked out my door, I haven’t stopped.
I may have paused in my training, but I haven’t stopped.
8.7 Miles last night. Under 8 min pace. First training run in 2 weeks, but I haven’t stopped.